Friday, January 15, 2010

weekly review- Norway

I don't know about you, but last week went by much better than this week. :) Little man had trouble with his asthma, which then turned into a cold of sorts. So we did no school Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday we were able to get some things done. We learned about hibernation and migration. I was so thankful it was simple. I haven't been in the mood for anything lately. I think it's the weather, and the fact that my kids haven't had a playdate in over three months(sickness). And if the kids don't see their friends, I don't see my friends. :)

Anyways, yesterday we did our Lapland felt squares. Well, actually they ended up making maps and things. But it was art, so no one cared. It's been forever since art was done at home. They do it every week(when they're not sick) at MAFA, so I don't really worry about it. Again, another thing I'm trying to work on. Making school more fun.

Little man is doing so well with his math. I am so excited that double digit subtraction with carrying is not hard. Clocks seem to be giving him more trouble. But, he got a watch for Christmas, and I think it helps him to look at it and then look at the digital clocks to check himself. Kinda neat to see. Sassy is on her last week of Alpha. Then she is gonna do online drills til February. She needs a break.

Today, we only got as far as math. I'll have them read to me later. I was busy making biscuits and bread and cleaning the house a bit before our guests come over today. PLAYDATE!!!

I'm looking forward to going to France next week. I'm hoping to find some yummy food to make. Any suggestions?

Hope you're having a great week.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

We have done very little. Last week we had a freeze here and no water... depressing and cold... TX should be sunny all the time in my opinion. ;) This week I was ready to go in with a bang.... I did! I woke up feeling pukey... stomach virus. We are up to 4 out of 6 that have had it this week! Yeah! So, I have done some schooling, but am so off track. MFW K is so slow on the academic side that I have been just taking a simple book and sitting and teaching Sierra to read with books. I can't keep holding that child back to fit a curriculum. Savannah has mostly just done her spelling pages and I have her doing handwriting practice and very little math. So discouraging! It sounds like we have done a lot, but really we have done like one day of K and like 2 days of Adventures and about 1/2 their other stuff. Blah! Life happens! Thank God we are doing year round here! ;)

Off that depressing stuff! I have missed you out there! As far as the French food I would say to do Crepes. I have never done the actual Crepes, but I think it is probably easy and then, mix up some instant pudding and slice some bananas, etc. and let them assemble it and eat it. I can remember the teacher doing this is my French class when I was a teen and I think that may all I remember about French. ;) Of course, French bread is an option and make long loaves and have the kids carry the bread around all day to munch like I hear the French do. Is FrenchOnion Soup really French? That would be easy and warm to the tummy!

Lisa said...

Other than Crepes, I'm not sure about French food. But it's my understanding that eating dessert before the main course is often practiced in France, so you might have fun with that!

You are not the only one who has had a rough week and I'm glad I'm not the only one! We've had school every day this week, but we haven't accomplished everything on our schedule. Actually, my Kindergartener completed two weeks of lessons while the oldest did about half.

Anyway, I'm praying for a better week to come...for everyone!

Autismland Penny said...

Sorry for the rough week! I love playdates!!!!!

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

I hope you get your playdate, Mama needs some socialization too :) I hope you all can finally kick your sickness, it's not fun when it lingers.

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I think everyone is feeling "blah" this time of year! As for French food, how about baked brie and french bread?